Special Project Services
Our Experience in Wind-Down Management Reduces Your Risk
After the decision is made to wind down an entity, management and investors often want to focus their energies in areas outside the company.
But the company’s investors, board of directors and management face certain ongoing considerations: fiduciary issues, residual liabilities, federal and state requirements, possible irate stockholders and unhappy employees. While necessary and required, the time and risk associated with this activity is hard to quantify.
This is where Vaughn Associates can help. We offer a comprehensive program to manage the winding-down of a business.
- Financial control at a very critical time
- Professional, sensitive and timely handling of required tasks
- Knowledge and experience in the proper steps to liquidate assets and terminate leases, contracts and benefit plans
- Filing of necessary state and federal forms for withdrawal and dissolution, including final tax returns
- Determination of disposition/storage requirements of corporate records
The Benefits of Engaging Vaughn vs. In-House Personnel
- We reduce the investor risk, residual liability, and time commitment involved in a wind-down situation. We have experience in this process, so we know the most expeditious means of accomplishing the required tasks.
- We are more cost effective. Our initial step is always to assess the needs and establish a budget that covers the requirements for the shut down, giving investors/owners specific cost parameters that they can live with.
- We remove this unproductive task for existing personnel and investors. Moreover, we bring objectivity to the process, and are not emotionally colored by prior events.
- We eliminate the risks inherent in using existing personnel who may extend the project timetable and/or leave during the process for another job.
Vaughn + Associates’ Credentials
- Have provided wind-down services for over 10 years.
- Staff consists of former CFOs and Controllers with multiple industry experience, providing the ability to quickly assess needs and related costs.
- Our core professional service is operational management and accounting for early stage and middle market companies on an interim and/or part-time basis. We continuously meet the challenge of providing cost-effective services, with the appropriate level and skill set of personnel, to accomplish operational tasks.